Sunday, November 29, 2009

Vicki Lewis Thompson

This week is a real treat for me. I want to welcom Best Selling Author Vivki Lewis Thompson and thank her for sharing with us! If you can't tell, I am a huge fan. From Talk Nerdy To Me to Nerd Gone Wild and Gone With The Nerd I have fallen in love with Ms Thompson's books. I hope that if you are not a fan, when you finish with this interview you will be :)

Without further ado, Welcome Ms Thompson!!!
What is your favorite thing about being a romance writer?
All the happy-ever-afters! I’m an optimist, and the minute I discovered romance – late, like in my thirties – I fell in love with the optimistic tone of the books.


What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Juggling other obligations. Sure, I agonize over scenes and plot points, but I love the process of writing and am sometimes frustrated that I don’t have more hours in the day.


Are you a plotter or a pantser?
Pantser. I’m forced to plot in order to give the editor some idea of what I plan to write, but I’m always happier when I can turn the characters loose and see what they decide to do. It’s a scary way to write, but I like living on the edge.


What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?
Joy in living. Reality can whack us upside the head and sometimes we think there’s nothing going on but bad news. I would love to believe my books bring laughter and delight into a reader’s life.


If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything on your road to publication?
I wouldn’t change a thing. I’ve been published for twenty-five years, and it took me eighteen of those to jump from Harlequin category books like Temptation and Blaze to a single title, which was NERD IN SHINING ARMOR. That had to happen when the time was right and I was ready for that step. Every writer’s path is different, but mine has suited me perfectly.



What song would best describe your life?
“Break My Stride” by Michael Wilder “Ain’t nothing gonna break my stride, nobody gonna slow me down, oh, no, I’ve got to keep on moving . . . etc.”


If you were a tool, what would people use you for?
I’d be an all-purpose opener – for wine bottles, CD cases, boxes of Godiva chocolate, and minds.


If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Warning: Cockeyed optimist. Constant smiling and laughing can be annoying if you are wedded to gloom and doom. Cockeyed optimism is also highly contagious.


If you were a superhero, what special power would you have?
I would be Dazzle Dame, a superhero with the power to focus everyone’s mind on the beauty of the world. I’d even be able to make cockroaches attractive . . . somehow.


What’s number one on your list of things you hope to do before you die?
I want to take a trip down the Amazon, but not like Bogart and Hepburn. I’d prefer a little more luxury.
























No comments:

Post a Comment