Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cat Johnson

I would like to thank this weeks author, Cat Johnson for stopping by and answering some questions for us. When I read A Prince Among Men, I fell in love!!! It is such a sensory delight to be able to partake in. Ms Johnson is definitly a very talented writer and should be on every TBR list out there. Here is the link to the review we posted on A Prince Among Men feel free to pop over and check it out. There is a buy link with the review for all of you who would like to read this delicious tale ( and you all should :)

Did you have any other careers before devoting yourself to being a full-time writer?
Cat: Oh, yes. I did everything! Bartender, waitress, tour guide, harpist, retail, marketing, real estate, all instead of doing what I was meant to do, write.

What are your upcoming releases?
Cat: I am in the process of re-releasing some titles from my Linden Bay Romance backlist through Samhain, both the military series and the cowboy series. So the next release is actually a re-release of Unridden, Book 1 in my Studs in Spurs cowboy series. And we are about to start editing Book 2, Bucked from that series, which will be a new, never before seen release. That is very exciting. I also have a fun short story coming out from Sapphire Blue Publishing in November called “Gillian’s Island”. It’s kind of a fun twist on the old TV series Gilligan’s Island.

What was the hardest part of writing your books?
Cat: For all my books, but especially for the military and cowboy ones, the hardest part is accuracy. I really want the characters to talk like cowboys or soldiers. I need the facts and details to be accurate. That is why I am very lucky to have a small group of people who help me with that. I talk to the cowboy and the Marine who help me with the facts as much as possible on the phone so I can absorb their dialogue and syntax. I reread many times every word the soldier writes to me while he’s deployed in the warzone and use those details for scenes in the books. I need the details to be realistic, but at the same time they can’t overpower the story or the romance. It’s a delicate balance.

Are any of your characters based on real people or events?
Cat: Definitely. The soldier, Marine and cowboy who are my fact checkers have inspired characters in my books. And I get ideas for books while watching real events on the TV news all the time. I just kind of wrap them up in my fictional romance.

Is there a message in your novels that you want readers to grasp?
Cat: I always try to make my military books relay to the reader the real life hardships that both those serving and their families experience. But sometimes the message isn’t even that major. I’ve written in some of the hardships of being a writer into Unridden since the heroine is a romance novelist. I hope that gives readers a glimpse into my own life. Mostly, I just want them to come away feeling good and believing that happily ever after can exist.


LINKS
http://www.catjohnson.net/
www.myspace.com/authorcatjohnson
www.facebook.com/authorcatjohnson
www.twitter.com/cat_johnson

Now for the fun Are you Serious? Questions

What’s a guilty pleasure you have?
Cat: Drunk Texting! LOL.

If you came with a warning label, what would it say
Cat: “Mood subject to change without notice.”

What is sexier boxer or briefs?
Cat: I like the third option—Boxer Briefs

Where is the craziest place you’ve ever had sex?
Cat: The 18th green on the golf course I worked at.

What’s your favorite curse word?
Cat: I tended bar on an all male crew and there I learned to curse like a sailor. My fav curse by far is the f-word. It’s so versatile. It can be a verb or an adjective or even inserted in the middle of a multi-syllable word!

No comments:

Post a Comment