Thursday, December 15, 2011

Anne Holly

What is your favorite thing about being a romance writer?

I love that, as a romance reader, I can stop and think, “Why don’t they do books about this?” or “I’d really like it if they did…” – and then I can go out and do it myself! That’s wonderful for me. I love romance, so I am happy to be contributing to that community.


Are you a plotter or a pantser?

Definitely a plotter. I’m a mom and a teacher who also writes in the third shift of my day, so I have to plot to make the most of my writing time.


How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published?
I wrote Strings Attached in 2000-2001, I think. Finished editing it in 2001-02. Then put it away in a shoebox for about ten years before I decided to re-write it and submit it. It was accepted in the summer of 2010, and released in May 2011. So, that one was a long time in coming.


If I was a first time reader of your books, which one would you recommend I start with and why?
A cheap one? (LOL) I’d recommend my Christmas novella Unwrapping Scrooge, I think. The price is reasonable and it’s a good example of my work.


What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?
Most of all, a bit of R&R – that might not be “artistic,” but romance readers are hard working, busy people. There’s nothing I want more than to give them a few hours of pleasurable diversion. On the philosophical end, I try to focus on the positive energy. I hope they find love as I portray it uplifting.


A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be?
Mothers Never Sleep


What’s for dinner tonight?
Whatever doesn’t fight back when I drag myself into the kitchen.


If you were a superhero, what special power would you have?
I am a superhero – I can lift multiple-times my own weight in preschooler paraphernalia and go extraordinary stretches without food, sleep or even cursing.


If you could have three wishes granted, what would you wish for?
A vacation, but not to go anywhere – just hide out at home and read.
A second me, to share the boring work.
That everyone has a better 2012 than 2011.

What is your favorite candy bar?
Coffee Crisps – too addictions for the price of one!

*Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.

Right now I have a series of holiday romance shorts from Rebel Ink that have been releasing rapid-fire.

Please share any links you would like listed in the Interview. Website, Myspace, blog, facebook, yahoo group etc.
My blog is http://anneholly.blogspot.com/, and I’m there almost every day, along with Twitter (@anneholly2010), and my holiday romance website is http://annehollyholiday.webs.com/


3 comments:

  1. You're a lovely writer, Anne! I like your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Vanessa. I appreciate your support. Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete