Monday, October 24, 2011

RACHEL LEIGH

What is your favorite thing about being a romance writer?
Being able to live in the imaginative world rather than the real world! How many people get to escape life’s stresses and strains all in the name of work? Not many, that’s for sure. I love what I do and hope I can keep writing for many years to come. Writing is not a job for me, it’s a compulsion. I have to do it or otherwise I am extremely unhappy…and really quite savage!

When writing your description of your hero/ine what feature do you start with? Eyes, age, hair color, etc? 
Whenever I start a new story, I immediately scan magazines and the internet for the pictures of my next hero and heroine. I am a very visual writer with regard to characters and I immediately know when I have found the image I want. The pictures seem to call out to me and straight away that picture is pinned to my office wall. I will keep to the characters’ look exactly the same as the photograph.

How do your family and/or friends feel about your book or writing venture in general?
The fact I write erotic romance is a subject of endless fascination to my friends, lol! Every time we go out, they need to tell new people we meet as soon as possible. It cracks me up. Most of us have sex quite regularly but because I write about it, I am the most fascinating woman in the bar!

Do you work on one project at a time? Or do you multi-task?
I am usually working on an erotic romance story and a mainstream romance novel at any one time. I enjoy writing the different sub-genres depending on my mood that day. I hope it keeps my writing fresh for readers and my creativity free and flowing for me.

When not writing, how do you relax?
I love to read (of course!) and take long country walks with my dog and family. We live in one of the most beautiful and rural places in South West England so the choice of walks is amazing. In the evening, I enjoy watching US comedies such as Modern Family and Friends or US dramas such as Ringer and Big Love. Great shows!

What’s a guilty pleasure you have?
Ridiculously long baths with a book and glass of chilled white wine

If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Do not disturb when working – may well bite!

What’s for dinner tonight?
Nachos

What is sexier boxer or briefs?
Boxers

What’s number one on your list of things you hope to do before you die?
Caribbean cruise or a long trip on the Orient Express

What is your favorite candy bar?
Snickers


Is there anything additional you would like to share with your readers?

My latest release is “Coming Back” available now from The Wild Rose Press. Here’s the blurb:

Kelly Hampton loved once...and lost. After two years of looking for Sean MacKenzie in other men--and failing miserably--she takes a vow of celibacy. No sex until she finds love. Then Sean strolls back into her bar, reigniting old flames. No one has come close to understanding or satisfying her like he did. Her body burns for the passion they once shared, but her heart still remembers the pain.

Sean escaped Jessop Hill and his father's fists in the middle of the night without a word--even to his love, Kelly--to protect his battered mother, but he never forgot the explosively erotic relationship he left behind. Now his father is dead and Sean is back for the only woman he's ever wanted. Their reunion is full of fire – but can sexual attraction and noble intentions overcome years of heartache or will Kelly walk away to protect her heart this time.

Buy:


Work In Progress

My next novella will be about a British hero and heroine who both emigrated to Zante in Greece in the hope of a better future. When they meet the connection is explosive! Here’s the working blurb:

Michelle Hutton leaves everything behind and flies from the UK to Greece in search of a new beginning. Her first encounter is with a sexy, pro-bono lawyer with a body that could adorn the cover of Playgirl. When they talk, he tells her his sister has a restaurant that desperately needs a new chef. Sam Clarke seems too good to be true. And Michelle doesn’t trust anyone else after being let down time and again by the people she loves. Including the mother she left behind. But damn, he’s hard to resist…

Sam Clarke is a busy man – a man on a mission to help women in jeopardy. So when a woman with hair like a sheet of gold and eyes bluer than the ocean walks into an airport bar needing help, what is he’s supposed to do? The electricity between them is hotter than a live wire and Sam soon learns Michelle is more than capable of demanding and getting what she wants. She doesn’t need him, he should walk away…yet time and again he goes back for more.

Rachel can be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment