Sunday, August 29, 2010

Madelyn Ford

Please join me in welcoming this weeks author, Madelyn Ford. My Avenging Angel was recently reviewed by Seriously. Don't forget to check it out and see what the reviewer thought of Ms Ford's book :)

What genres and authors would we find you reading when taking a break from your own writing?

I am both a paranormal and historical junkie. Some of my favorites are Alyssa Day, Alexandra Ivy, Kresley Cole, Alexis Morgan, and Pamela Palmer for paranormal and Julia Quinn and Lisa Kleypas for historical. I am also a huge fan of Lora Leigh. Absolutely love how well she can write emotional scenes.


Do you have travel when researching your books? If yes, where is the most interesting place you’ve visited?
I wish I could travel to different locations for research but with three children under twelve, there is not much traveling going on in my life. I either write about places I or my DH have lived in or spend lots of time using Google. I don’t know how writers managed before the internet, but thank goodness for it. It makes my job much easier.


Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I guess I am somewhere in between. I start off totally pantsing it, having a pretty good idea of who the characters are and generally knowing the beginning and the end, but everything in between being a mystery. As I go, I jot down lots of notes, ideas for scenes that come to me. Some of them I use, some get stored away for later books. I think it is what keeps me motivated, the desire to know how the story turns out. It is why the endings are usually the hardest part for me. I tend to lose interest once I know how everything progresses.


Has your life changed significantly since becoming a published writer?
Lol. No. I still get no respect from my three children and my house is still a mess.


Do you work on one project at a time? Or do you multi-task?
I wish I could multi-task like some writers do, but I find I lose track of plot points if I jump around. My plots tend to get rather involved so as not to leave threads hanging, I need to stay really immersed in the story. And even then, sometimes I miss things. I reread what I am working on a lot.


If you could be a paranormal creature, which one would you be?
Definitely a shifters. The thought of being a vampire and having to drink blood grosses me out but being able to shift form might be pretty cool…as long as it’s not painful. I’m kind of a wimp that way, lol.


What’s for dinner tonight?
Fried haddock, broccoli, and rice. My BIL cooked so it was excellent.


What is sexier boxer or briefs?
I like the boxer briefs. There is something incredibly sexy about them.


If you were a superhero, what special power would you have?
I always wanted Wonder Woman’s invisible jet. Oh—and her lasso. I wonder what that says about me.


What’s your favorite curse word?
Sadly, I like them all. I guess for those who have read my books, that’s not a big surprise, lol.


*Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.

I am currently editing the second ms in my Watchers series and am finishing up writing Gabriel and Ari’s story, the second in my Archangel series.

Please share any links you would like listed in the Interview. Website, Myspace, blog, facebook, yahoo group etc.
http://www.madelynford.com/
http://madelynford.com/blog/
http://www.facebook.com/madelyn.ford
Twitter: madelyn_ford

No comments:

Post a Comment