Monday, July 26, 2010

Cooper McKenzie

I would like everyone to give a warm welcome to Cooper McKenzie :) http://www.coopermckenzie.webs.com/ And don't forget to check out the review that SR gave to Caught by the Master

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
I find the hardest part of writing is to actually find the time to sit down and let my thoughts flow from brain through fingers to the page. If I’m stressed or busy or feeling less than confident in my story, or if the story has taken a wrong turn somewhere, I find it nearly impossible to sit down and write.

When writing your description of your hero/ine what feature do you start with? Eyes, age, hair color, etc?
I usually start with age and then eyes, hair, body.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
Definitely a pantser. Usually when I sit down to start a book I have a title, two characters and a first sentence. I may know where I want the story to end up, but usually have no clue how to get from first page to “the end”.

How long have you been a writer?
I’ve been a writer since the beginning of time. I learned to read and write in Kindergarten. That’s also when I fell in love with books. At 13 I announced I planned to be a writer when I grew up. My father’s response was that since I was getting a C in English that grading period I couldn’t be a writer. He’s since changed his mind.

Do you write under more than one name? Why?
Yes, I started writing for children and young adults under the name Susan Eileen Walker. Then I wrote a women’s fiction novel, SHE, under the name S. E. Walker because I did not want my young readers to think this was another book for them. Currently I write erotic romance as Cooper McKenzie and recently had my first Christian/Inspiration romance (Peaches and the Preacher) published under the name Susan Walker.

Do you work on one project at a time? Or do you multi-task?
I am usually focused on only one task at a time though I have several stories waiting in my brain for my attention. If one isn’t working, I might try to turn to another, but usually end up going back to the first one to finish it once my subconscious has resolved whatever the problem was.

*Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.
Let’s see…. July 26 is the release date for Minding Mistress, the third of the Club Esoteria series (www.bookstrand.com)

I also have several coming this summer from www.redrosepublishing.com. To see the full list, check my website… www.coopermckenzie.webs.com

If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Warning, mood may change in a heartbeat causing whiplash to those nearby.

What is sexier boxer or briefs?
Boxers allow for more imagination and easier to get to the goodies.

Where is the craziest place you’ve ever had sex? Or where is the craziest place you made your characters have sex?
Craziest place I ever had sex was in the front seat of a pickup truck parked at a college soccer game. For my characters I think it would be in Love Reincarnate when Donovan and Jayne have sex in a garden a dozen yards from a Halloween party he’s hosting.

What’s your favorite curse word?
Fuck – the all purpose word. In addition to a curse, it’s a noun, a verb and if said very, very slowly, is quite the descriptive.

What is your favorite candy bar?
M&Ms milk chocolate

1 comment:

  1. I like her definition of the word "FUCK". enjoyed the whole interview

    ReplyDelete