Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Abby Gordon

What genres and authors would we find you reading when taking a break from your own writing?

Some romance/erotica, but to take a ‘break’, I’ll read biographies and fantasy. I love Anne McCaffrey and JR Ward and historical books.


Are you a plotter or a pantser?

A bit of both. In Beck & Call, one scene was literally a dream. I woke up at 2am to write it and the characters took over. Model Fantasy already had the outline from B&C, so I went from there.


What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?

Love comes in all shapes and sizes and friendships can get you through just about everything.


How long have you been a writer?

My family jokes that I was telling stories to my stuffed animals and dolls as soon as I could talk. Once I learned to write, I put the stories down on paper.


How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published?

The first book was about 15 months. The second was exactly one year. I learned a lot with the first and I think my second manuscript was more polished which quickened the pace.


Did you have any other careers before devoting yourself to being a full-time writer?

I still have my ‘day-job’ but, dream of being a full-time writer.


How do your family and/or friends feel about your book or writing venture in general?

My family and friends were very excited because they knew it had been a lifelong dream and they knew how hard it can be to get published.


If you could be a paranormal creature, which one would you be?

Probably a toss-up between one of Anne McCaffrey’s dragonriders or JR Ward’s vampires.


What’s a guilty pleasure you have?

I love curling up next to the fire, music on, glass of wine, dark chocolate and a good book.


If you came with a warning label, what would it say?

Careful what you say – you may be in my next book.


Who’s more fun, bad boys or perfect gentlemen and why?

Perfect gentlemen! I write stories about how perfect gentlemen play! ;)


Where is the craziest place you made your characters have sex?

In the 3rd book being reviewed for contract, Debbie and Quincy have sex in a nightclub. With my characters it’s not so much the where but the how!


What is your favorite candy bar?

Reese’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I cannot have them in the house because I’ll scarf them all down in one sitting! My sons will sometimes come home and surprise me with a couple packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment