Monday, December 13, 2010

Interview with Rhonda L. Print

What genres and authors would we find you reading when taking a break from your own writing?
RLP: I read mostly paranormal romance. I just finished reading Broken by Kelley Armstrong. I also read a lot of Nora Roberts and everything written by Laurell K. Hamilton.

Do you have travel when researching your books? If yes, where is the most interesting place you’ve visited?
RLP: I always have a character or two talking in my head ( does that sound crazy?) so I always take my surroundings in and use them in my books. I live in the desert and its beauty had a profound effect in Nightwalker, A Leah Wolfe SINS Novel.

What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?
RLP: I hope my readers will embrace a love of reading and close the book anxious for the next one!

How do your family and/or friends feel about your book or writing venture in general?
RLP: My family and friends have been extremely supportive and encouraging. My husband and best friend are my critique partners and read the books before I submit them.

When not writing, how do you relax?
RLP: I read and maybe watch a little television. My favorite shows at the moment are House and Vampire Diaries.

Is there anything additional you would like to share with your readers?
RLP: I love hearing comments and reviews from my readers. Please feel free to contact me at my blog, www.rhondaprint.blogspot.com or my web page at www.RhondaLPrint.com

I try to answer all of my comments and questions and occassionally post reader reviews on my pages!

If you could be a paranormal creature, which one would you be?
RLP: My children and my daughter’s boyfriend are in the room as I answer this so I’ll give you his answer. He says, with a laugh, that I would be a vampire because I am a lifesucking witch. :D Then he ran away! LOL

If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
RLP: Do not talk to me before I’ve had my coffee!

What’s for dinner tonight?
RLP: Again, my kids chimed in on this one. My son said ‘nothing’ and my daughter answered, ‘whatever you can make yourself.’ The real answer, "I have no idea!" J

What’s your favorite curse word?
RLP: Depends on the day. Usually it’s "Shit!" But on occasion it’s been "Evil Cockroach Fucker!" "ECV" in front of the little ones. LOL

What’s number one on your list of things you hope to do before you die?
RLP: I want to hold my great-great grandchildren!

*Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.

I am currently working on the second book in the Leah Wolfe SINS Novel series.

Please share any links you would like listed in the Interview. Website, Myspace, blog, facebook, yahoo group etc.

http://www.rhondalprint.com/
http://www.rhondaprint.blogspot.com/



http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=linda018&product_name=Nightwalker&return_page=&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact

 

Blurb:

Leah Wolfe has retired from serious police work in favor of seeking a normal life. Her unique, yet not fully

discovered supernatural abilities allow her to speak to the souls of the dead, providing vital information in the search for their killers. Her abilities have also cost her almost everyone she has ever loved including her mother, who abandoned her to fend for herself on the streets, and, most recently, her ex-fiancé Joaquín Wildhorse, Chief Detective of the Native American Reservation Police Department. But when Joaquín’s new lover is found brutally murdered on the reservation, he turns to Leah for help. The hunt for a vicious killer leads Leah to sexy Ian Nightwalker and Leah is unable to walk away from the case that may cost her her most guarded possession of all.

Her heart.

Excerpt:

Ian raised his eyebrows at the question, looking slightly amused. "Do you think I am a killer, Leah?"

I paused for a moment. Did I really think Ian was capable of doing that to anotherperson? God I hoped not. The energy emanating from him had always been serene. I was sitting close enough that I could smell the scent of his skin, feel the warmth of his body. I needed only to lean closer to… I cut off the thought.

Work. Focus Leah… Focus on work. Sure, that would pacify my hormones. Riight.

I took a deep breath, all the while Ian sat patiently, an impassive and slightly amused look on his face, one dimple glinting at the corner of his mouth. He had the calmest aura of anyone I’d ever encountered, even the constant chatter in my own head calmed when I was with him. Violence and fury, at least the kind of rage that was used to kill these women never really cooled, it stayed red hot, a constant glow. It was always boiling just below the surface of the person containing it, releasing its own feel of aura.

"No, Ian." I felt the tension in my body ease. "I think you’re dangerous, but you’re not a killer."

"I appreciate you actually considering the matter." His tone let me know that he could be sarcastic, too. Point for him.

"Now that you know that I did not murder her, what avenue will you pursue?"

"I still have tons of questions about you, Ian."

He spread his hands wide. "Ask away, my love."

"Stop calling me that, it’s irritating as hell."

"Again, my apologies. Can you, however, deny the attraction you feel toward me? I can feel your fascination."

I felt myself immediately tense again. He was right, and worse, he knew it. I felt the attraction between us, too. The question was, should I give in to it or learn to shield like hell to keep him from sensing it.

Maybe both. While my hormones reminded me that I had not been with a man in months, months, my battered heart and head took control and reminded me why. Was my attraction to him simply a need that had been denied or was it truly him? It might have been fun to figure out the answer to that one. However, I didn’t know who or what he was.

Only one way to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me on! It was a lot of fun!

    Rhonda L. Print

    ReplyDelete