Monday, May 3, 2010

Kris Klein

Hello all! If you have not yet been introduced to Kris then please allow me. Everyone, this is Kris Klein. Kris, this is everyone :) One of our reviewers claims Kris is a "guilty pleasure" and the reviewer LOVES his work. We have posted numerous reviews for his work, which can all be seen here, and clamor for more. Without further ado I give you.....Kris Klein :)

What is your favorite thing about being a romance writer?
Being able to write my fantasies down; what I wish gay men were really capable of, far as monogamy and romance, in real life.

When writing your description of your hero/ine what feature do you start with?
Eyes, age, hair color, etc? The face. An intriguing face, amazing smile, or beautiful eyes, for me, is half the battle; I could work with anything else from there.

What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?
The hot sex is incredible … but falling in love is the Holy Grail.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Friends and fans tell me that if there is a “message” in my work, is that things aren’t necessarily what they seem. I guess that’s because many of my tales have some sort of (hopefully) unexpected twist toward/at the end.

Are any of your characters based on real people or events?
About 90% of the time, the object of lust/affection in each of my tales really existed in real life … often with the same first name as you’ll find on him in the story.

What’s something fans would find fascinating about you?
That I collect autographs of my favorite actors (I am absolutely obsessed with the idea of celebrity); that after all the sex I’ve had and written about, I’ve still yet to ever cheat on a man I’ve committed myself to.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Sex scenes. After selling/publishing over sixty short stories or erotica, I stress myself out over new, hotter ways to write the love scenes.

How do you come up with the titles?
Nearly everything I write branched off the title first – normally a twist on some phrase or title that makes it unique, and makes readers curious enough to buy or read it.
Please share with us your future projects and upcoming releases.
Working on a few longer stories right now, one exploring my own foot fetish … plus a novel-length soap opera type supernatural TV series (a la “Dante’s Cove”) I hope to eventually get on the web, at least.

What’s a guilty pleasure you have?
A foot fetish

A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be?
“Falling for Straight Guys”

What is sexier boxer or briefs?
Tightie-whities

Who’s more fun, bad boys or perfect gentlemen and why?
Perfect gentlemen; they often have way more naughtiness hidden inside them than the bad boys.

If you were a superhero, what special power would you have?
X-ray vision. In L.A., with all these hot-as-hell Hispanic men around, what else WOULD it be?

What’s number one on your list of things you hope to do before you die?
Visit Tokyo.

What is your favorite candy bar?
3 Musketeers


Please share any links you would like listed in the Interview. Website, Myspace, blog, facebook, yahoo group etc. http://www.krisklein.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment